2nd Annual GHBBA Raffle
As a new way to creatively raise funds without selling third party merchandise, the GHBBA embarked on a new fundraising campaign last year and it was such a success that we've made it an annual effort. We NEED YOUR HELP! Every band family is mailed 10 tickets to sell at $10 a piece. Using our strength in numbers coupled with a fun, creative, straight-foward sale and reward, the Raffle was our #1 fundraiser last year and will be again this year! See documents for more information!
Tell me more!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is this fundraiser?
Each band family sells 10 raffle tickets. This gives the purchaser a chance to win one of 3 cash prizes. Funds that are raised support band activities, equipment needs at all grade levels, the purchase of instruments, private lesson rebates, uniform and instrument maintenance, music clinics, and transportation for your student.
How does the Raffle work?
- Each band family is mailed 10 tickets and each ticket sells for $10. If you accidentally receive 2 sets of tickets, return the second set. 1 family = 1 set of tickets.
- Sell the tickets! Collect the completed ticket stubs from the purchaser at the time of sale. Return the monies and stubs in the envelope provided at your convenience. Checks are preferred, but cash is acceptable. Checks must be made payable to GHBBA. The envelope should be clearly marked with the name of the student and “Band Raffle”.
- By November 10, turn in the envelope. Drop boxes are available in each band room or you can mail them directly to the GHBBA @ PO Box 377, Grand Haven, MI 49417
- The drawing for the raffle will be held on December 12th at 7:30 pm at Lakeshore Middle School.
What are the Raffle Prizes?
There are 3 cash prizes: $2,500, $1,000, $500. With no more than 7,000 tickets to be sold, ticket buyers
have a great chance of winning – much better than the daily lottery and way better than the Powerball!
What if a student doesn’t sell their tickets?
Unsold tickets need to be returned so they can be sold by someone else! You can return the unsold tickets to the drop box or the GHBBA through the return envelopes.
Who is included in this fundraiser?
All families with students in the 5‐12th grade band programs. This fundraiser benefits the entire band
program and so we are asking everyone to participate.
Can students sell to each other? Can students win cash prizes?
- The State of Michigan requires that purchasers must be at least 18 years of age to buy raffle tickets.
- Prizes may be awarded to a minor; however, this can be done only if an adult signs the ticket stub and writes the minor’s name on the ticket stub.
I need more tickets, how can I get them?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, text your request to 616‐335‐1469, contact your grade volunteer, band
director, or the band boosters.
What if the raffle doesn’t sell enough tickets?
In that unlikely event, the raffle automatically reverts to a 50/50 raffle with a minimum prize. This information is printed on each ticket.